Skip to Content

Graduate Student Travel Information

The Graduate College makes every effort to support masters and doctoral student travel to professional conferences.  To be eligible for travel funds the student must:

  • have an accepted conference paper, poster, professional presentation, or performance/exhibit
  • be enrolled in a graduate degree program
  • be in good academic standing during the semester the conference is held
  • meet all Texas State travel regulations 

The Graduate College will partially fund student conference travel requests.  Priority will be given to first trips.  The Graduate College awards will be made after considering department/school and college contributions, as well as funds available. 

To request travel funds, the student should obtain the required Graduate Student Travel Funds Request form, complete the form, and submit the form to their department.  The student’s department and/or academic College may also contribute funds for the student’s travel.